Search Search

Medical Consultations/Referrals

Health Services provides care and treatment of the most common illness and injuries seen among college students. If needed, students are referred to either Urgent Care, the Huntington Medical Hospital (HMH) Emergency Department, or to any preferred provider specialty group for further care.

Continuity Care

Students with chronic medical conditions (e.g. diabetes, asthma, Crohns disease, rheumatoid arthritis) are advised to speak to a Health Services provider to ensure that ongoing medical care and follow-up is in place. This is preferably done prior to arriving at Caltech so an appropriate plan of care is in place in advance of matriculation.

If a student decides to maintain follow-up with his or her current physician the following information should be provided to Health Services:

  • Name and address of current physician
  • Current telephone and fax numbers

If a student decides to transfer care to a local physician, the following information will ensure collaborative care between Health Services and the community provider:

  • Name and address of physician
  • Current telephone and fax numbers
  • Copies of any pertinent information (work-ups, lab results, diagnosis, consults and ongoing treatment)