Your health and well-being are important to your academic success. That's why all registered students are required to have health and dental insurance — either through Caltech or through another source such as your parent's employer (as long as the other health insurance meets Caltech's waiver requirements).
Before the start of every new academic year, you must make the choice to enroll in or waive the Caltech Student Health Insurance Plan and the Student Dental Insurance Plan. You can also choose to enroll your spouse and/or dependents. If you don't choose by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled, and the applicable cost will be charged to your Bursar's account. The Enrollment/Waiver Period for the 2016-2017 academic year has closed.
There are some advantages to choosing the Caltech Student Health Insurance Plan instead of alternative insurance:
- The Caltech Student Health Insurance Plan includes both medical and mental health coverage.
- The Plan is designed specifically to meet the unique health care needs of Caltech students and supplements the services offered at the on-campus Student Health and Counseling Centers.
- You benefit from effective communication and coordination of treatment between the Health and Counseling Center staff and a wide array of qualified medical health care providers in the community. In most cases, this means you will be able to access care more quickly than you would if using an alternative plan.
- Vision care discounts are offered.
For Additional Information regarding Student Health Insurance:
- Student Dental Insurance Plan
- Student Vision Care
- Student Health Center Spouse Program
If you have questions about enrolling or waiving and you can't find the information you need on the Caltech Student Benefits website www.benefits.caltech.edu, please contact the Caltech Benefits Office at: email@example.com.