After Hours Medical Care
- Medical Emergencies
- Urgent Medical Conditions
- Medical Consultation
- Psychological Emergencies
- Emergency Contraceptives
Medical Emergencies *
Medical Emergencies Call:
- on campus: x5000 or (626) 395-5000
- off campus: 911
Nearest Emergency Room:
Huntington Memorial Hospital
100 W. California Blvd.
Urgent Medical Conditions **
Our contracted urgent care providers are:
797 S. Fair Oaks Ave,
Pasadena, CA 91105
open 7 days a week, 24 hours
(Huntington Medical Foundation)
3160 East Del Mar Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91107
open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., 7 days a week
If you are not sure whether you should go to the Urgent Care facility when the Health Center is closed call (626) 792-3141 and ask to speak with Dr. Stuart C. Miller for advice for non-emergency medical questions. If your situation is one that needs immediate attention (but is not an emergency) and can’t wait for Dr. Miller to return the page, it is best to go to Urgent Care.
For after-hours and weekend response, call the Counseling Center main line 626-395-8331 and press "2" to be connected to a clinician. You may experience a brief hold while your call is connected; please stay on the line.
Students in need of emergency contraceptives can either go to Urgent Care or page Dr. Stuart Miller at (626) 792-3141.
- Difficulty breathing
- Unconsciousness or unresponsiveness
- Significant blood loss from open wounds
- Obvious fracture
- Chest Pain
- Any injury with significant pain or swelling
- Possible fracture or dislocation
- Minor bee sting reaction
- Cuts or lacerations
- Illnesses that should be treated quickly and should not wait over the weekend such as strep throat, infections including urinary tract, etc.